BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

Intro

Yo.

Let me start by saying that I started this blog because it provides me a place to vent. Chances are it will be humorous venting, but if you don't want to read that nonsense or you're going to leave me *ahem* NASTY comments (pun intended), then LEEEEEEEEAVE. NOW.


SO!

Since you're reading this, you must still be interested. God bless your wonderful soul. I don't know why you're that interested, but ok!

The Basics:

Name: Kayleigh
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Location: Nunya Biz.
Sign: Leo (I guess that explains alot)
Hair: Ginger and Proud
Occupation: Gymnast at Arcadia and part time child-wrangler. Good times.
School: LPPACS


So basically... I'm Kayleigh. I have my license (look out world) and am loving every minute of finally being able to blast Lil' Wayne or Dorrough in the car and having no one care. Or '80's music... I love my '80's music. Hence the title of the blog. Also referred to in the title of this wonderful little corner of cyberspace is my nickname, Walshy... affectionately given to me by my gymnastics coach Monica. It's the only nickname I have that I like. My friends at school, Madison and Layne (and now numerous others), insist on calling me Kathy due to a purse... but that's a story for another day.

In any case, I spend most of my time at Arcadia Gymnastics, where I'm a competitive intermediate optional. While it's certainly a good time, it's wreaked hell on my body. I have perpetual back problems that landed me in Children's Hospital for a week this past November. Yeah. Not fun. But I'm working on that problem with massage therapy and other various tortures like cold showers and ice. Fun times. But seriously, in spite of everything, I love me some gymnastics. There's no better feeling in the world than getting that new skill for the first time, or nailing your best routine at a meet. And of course, there's my teammates and coaches, whom I'm sure you'll be hearing more about. They're truly like my second family. My best friends are my teammates. I love love love them more than anything else. They rock my socks. Truly.

I'm also a junior at LPPACS, a performing arts school. It's been fun, but I'm ready for senior year. I dual major in health sciences and musical theater there, both of which I love. The people there are really awesome. At what other school can you meet your new best friend by being too chicken to climb onto the grid above the theater stage? Or compete in a dance-off every June? It's way fun. I love Spanish and my arts classes. Physics is literally hell on Earth, but I only have another 9 weeks of that nonsense.

Hmm... what else. I don't know. I'm sure stuff will come up in future posts, but that's it for now. Be sure to bookmark this page, as I'll be trying to update pretty regularly. For my sanity. I figure I have a better shot at keeping this than keeping a diary (which is too girly for me, anyhow. Whatevs.)

-xoxo
Kayleigh

0 comments: