BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh LI...

Another day, another LI class.

So basically... another free block to update my blog on the occurances of my life. :)

Maybe it wouldn't be this way if LI would actually WORK, but it never does when I actually have one of those rare moments where I'm like, "HEY! I should get something accomplished today!"... or not, because SHOCKER, the system is so slow it takes 45 minutes to load one question. As my coach once put it... "You can put the beautiful school in Midland, but you can't take the Midland out of the beautiful school."

Anyhow... life's been kind of boring since Tuesday. I had a massage therapy appointment on Wednesday night, which went well. I feel like I'm making progress every time, slowly but surely. I think, once I can take time off of gym, that I'll make some great progress. Less than a month now... There's a light at the end of the tunnel, finally! And then, it's on to senior year.

I still can't believe that, honestly. "Senior year... how'd you get so old so fast?" - Charlie, New Moon. Yes, I'm that lame. :)

Seriously, though. What the hell? When did I get old enough to drive? To be a junior, almost a senior? To visit colleges? My mom just signed me up for an official visit with Slippery Rock, which was just surreal. I'm just like... I don't know. Time is flying by so fast, and on one hand, I'm glad. This school year has completely sucked. On the other hand, I'm thinking "I CAN'T LEAVE MY MOMMY YET!".

So...

I guess that's something everyone faces, but it's still weird.

Anyhow, on a lighter note... I got put back into my musical theater repotoire class today! I didn't realize how much I missed that class, but I did. I now need to find a rock song to sing... any suggestions? This should be a fun one.

Another note... I'm currently reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. What an amazing book it is so far! I've actually had it sitting around at home for a while, but I never got around to reading it. Adri (one of my teammates) and I were talking about books during practice, and she recommended it to me. I conveniently had PSSA's the next day, which means free time once you finish the test... yay! Reading time! It's really awesome. Very well written and moving. I loved "The Kite Runner", another book by Khaled Hosseini, so I knew this book would compare. In any case, you should read it. It's super.

Finally... everyone should go to www.drivingskillsforlife.com, click the "Belt It Out For Saftey" link, and then vote for video number 9! It's my friends Amber, Chalisse, Trey, and Levi. They made a music video, and they're in the top 10! They're currently winning, but they need every vote they can get! If they win, they each get a $5000 savings bond AND it's really great publicity for the school, so please please please vote!

-xoxo
Kayleigh

0 comments: