BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pretty Handsome Awkward

^My song of the day.

Have you ever been in one of those moods where you just want to punch someone's lights out?

Welcome to the past two days of my life.

What's funnier is that I seriously don't know why I feel this way... I just do. I definitely didn't forget my pill, no specific incidents of high school drama and/or bitchiness. I just feel this raw need to punch the hell out of something. It would be quite therapeutic, actually. :)

What's new... I'll start with this past weekend. I actually really enjoyed my spring break. Friday night was spent at the Phantoms game (which included about 10 fights happening simultaneously, including the goalies going at it... only one word to describe it; EPIC). Saturday, we had Easter lunch with Nana and Ed, and I proceeded to go thrifting afterwards (which is one of my favorite hobbies, if you didn't already know. It's becoming a problem). Sunday started off with...



THAT! It was completely awesome. The Stanley Cup had been at the Heinz History Center for the past 4 days, and Sunday morning (figuring "Hey, it's EASTER, there won't be anyone there!"... we were wrong) we headed down into the city for our new "family portrait". We were met with the option of either waiting in the three-hour-long line for general admission, or buck up and buy the $85 family membership. Since we love the place and it would've cost $30 bucks for us to get in anyhow, we went ahead and bought the membership. I quickly offered to sell my gymnastics mats and my beam to make up for the $85, since Lord knows I try to do as little gymnastics as I possibly can anyhow. ;) So... voila! 3 hours was cut to 45 minutes. Pretty awesome. I got to touch the cup AND Marc-Andre Fleury's game 7 stick (oh, I also have a goalie obsession. LOVEEEEE.)

Then we went to my Aunt Erin's house for Easter din-din. And Aunt Mo did my nails, which are AWESOME... what's even more awesome is that she learned this fun little stampy technique from a transvestite on youtube. Only in my family...

Yesterday was spent enjoying the weather with Nana. Oh, and finding new music (like "Pretty Handsome Awkward" by The Used, "Electric Feel" by MGMT, "Turn Me On" by Norah Jones, "Take It Off" by The Donnas... jeez, I was in one interesting mood. Anyhow, I highly recommend all of the above. And more.).

After a Starbucks run this morning, I went to school, where they tried to bribe us into doing well on the PSSA's with some seriously scary breakfast (no, really... I thought the eggs were going to get up and run away). Ehh. We'll see. They start tomorrow... SO not looking forward to it. The fun part of this breakfast was talking with Sergei, Madison, Brittany, and Emily. Especially Sergei, who is the funniest human being I have ever met (which leads me to ask... WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD MEN GAY? Ok, seriously now). Conversation included people whom we are positive are going to hell, intestinal sausage, Poling and his obsession with Sergei's rainbow chains... oh my. Good times.

Now I'm off to the gym... maybe I can channel some of that anger into tumbling or vault or something. If I don't, Laura Beth is liable to turn into a punching bag.

But I love her. Truly. She's just a good enough friend to put up with that.

-xoxo
Kayleigh

0 comments: