BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thoughts After Practice

Did I just come home from a gymnastics practice... happy?

While some of you may think that this isn't a big deal, it TOTALLY is. I seriously cannot remember the last time I came home and was genuinely glad to be a gymnast at Arcadia.

This was one of those nights.

Nothing truly spectacular happened. No new skills, no games, no fluff. Just hard work... and fun while doing it. We started out the evening doing strength like we always do, but I felt like this was going to be a different practice. I worked my ass off doing all of my strength, and then we went to beam. We had Shelley, which was interesting in and of itself, but I was nailing routines like no other. After beam, I pulled all of the girls in for a talk. See, I went creepin' on the other PA teams earlier today. And from what I found... I know that we are capable of winning a sectional or even a state championship. We need to show up to the meets and do what we are capable of doing in the gym, and we will win. I have no doubt. So basically... I told the girls that. And I let them know that we're not going to do that by going to the gym and laying around (I'm looking at YOU, LB... :)P ), or talking, or showing up with a negative attitude.

I feel... completely different. Honestly. I feel like I know where I am as an athlete now. I feel strong, confident, and proud. I've faced some tough shit this year (excuse my french), and to know that I'm still fighting through to do sectionals and states is pretty freaking sweet. And I know getting my hopes up this early is not a good thing, but my goal has always been to be a true state champion (Level 5 beam does not count). And I feel that this is the year to do just that.

So... I'm going to need to work for it. I'm going to need to go into every practice with that tough-as-nails attitude that I've gained through this injury. I'll need to get my strength back. I'll need to watch the food. I'll need to run. More than anything... I'll need my teammates, my coaches, my parents, and my friends... to talk to, to vent, and to have support. I'll need to continue fighting the pain... to continue treating it through the massage therapy, ice and heat, stim, and those hellish ice-cold showers.

But I'm ready to do it. I will do whatever it takes to attain my dream.

LET'S GO ARCADIA. <3

0 comments: